Sunday, November 16, 2014

Top 5 Fit Tips




Over the course of this year, I have learned a lot about health and fitness. Probably more than I have ever known about the subject, actually. I found out that exercise and good nutrition actually make you feel like a new person (duh!), and that a healthy lifestyle isn’t a burden, but a joy.

But, that isn’t to say there weren’t bumps along the way. There still are! But, I’ve found my motivation and my drive to really make this my lifestyle and make a lasting change in my life, and I know how incredible it feels to be on track to getting healthy, and I am not going back.

So I want to share with you some of my top tips that have helped me along in my fitness journey, and I hope that they bless and encourage you and help keep YOU going!

1.    Make a plan and stick to it! This may seem like a simple thing, but truly, having a written plan of what you’re going to do is so incredibly important! If you don’t know what you are going for, or how you’re going to get there, how will you know what to do? You’ll quit before you even start. Write down what exercise you’re going to do for the week, what you will eat, and DO IT!


2.    Schedule your workouts. This tip goes along with the first, but is also very important! If you just say “oh yeah, I’m going to workout tomorrow.” But don’t know when, you’re allowing room for excuses to come up. Take it a few days or a week at a time if you have to, but physically write it or type it into your calendar what time you are going to workout every day, so that it is easier to get in the habit and carve out the time for it!



3.    Nutrition is KING. I didn’t realize this until a few months into my workout program, but nutrition is everything, truly. You can’t outrun a bad diet, and abs really are “made in the kitchen.” Fuel your body with whole foods, and find a balance. Yes, you can still have a “cheat meal” and enjoy foods, you don’t have to just eat like a rabbit. But nutrition can make or break you and your progress with getting healthy.


4.    Stay accountable. Find a workout buddy, join one of my support groups online, or tell a close family member or friend what you’re doing. Share why you are getting healthy and ask them to keep you accountable during this time! Because trust me, there will be days when you feel like quitting, but that’s usually when you need to keep going the most!


5.    Stay away from the scale! I know that it’s addicting and you want to know what your weight progress is, but stay away from that scale! Do NOT weigh yourself every day. Weigh yourself at most once a week. The scale is NOT the most accurate measure of progress, especially in the beginning of your journey to getting healthy. So much goes into the number, more than you think. So step away from the scale, and rely on pictures, your energy level and your measurements to tell you your progress!



Just a few tips to keep you going on this health and fitness journey. It can be a bumpy road sometimes, but I’m telling you, it’s worth it! I’m not even at my full goal yet, but I can already tell you that my life has done a 180 from what it was before I started this. I have more energy for work, more energy to put into my relationships, my marriage, and just life in general!

If you need help getting started on your fitness journey, or you have no idea where to start, please reach out to me! I would love to help you get started, and to support you in this. You can click the “contact” button at the bottom of the page and reach me there, or find me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/sarahfcason) or on Instagram (sarahfcason).

Now I want to hear from you, what’s your favorite fit tip??


No comments:

Post a Comment