Cauliflower is one of my new vegetable favorites. I am seriously in love with this vegetable and have cooked with it more in the past six months than I ever have in my life. Who knew such a funny looking veggie could be so deliciously tasty?
From cauliflower mac and cheese, to a cauliflower “alfredo” sauce, to cauliflower pizza crust…the list goes on and on. But I have found a brand new favorite that I am drooling over still. And that’s buffalo cauli tots. You heard me. Veggie tots. But tangy, delicious and crisp.
Drooling yet? Here’s the recipe so you can try it out for yourself and see what I mean!
Buffalo Cauli Tots
4 cups of shredded cauliflower (about a whole head if it’s a smaller head of cauliflower, half if it’s a large head)
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup hot sauce (think Frank’s Red Hot…any sort of “buffalo” hot sauce)
½ cup cornmeal
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
*Tip if you don’t want to shred your cauliflower by hand, put it in the food processor for a couple of seconds and chop that bad boy up!*
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a mini muffin tip with your choice of cooking spray.
2. Squeeze out the excess moisture from the shredded cauliflower by placing it in a kitchen towel or several paper towels.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together thoroughly.
4. Scoop the mixture into the mini muffin tins, pressing firmly into the cups.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! (Try making a greek yogurt style ranch dip…yum!!)
There you have it, yet another tasty way to get a serving of veggies in with our delicious friend, the cauliflower! Who is going to try this recipe themselves?