Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pre Thanksgiving Survival Guide

First of all, welcome to my newly formatted blog! I just changed over my blog name from Pencil and Lace to my name, Sarah Cason to create more fluidity across the board on all social media platforms, so it's easier for you, my dear readers, to find me and follow! I hope you enjoy the new change as much as I do! 

So, just as a reminder, my new blog address is sarahfcason.blogspot.com. Mark it in your bookmarks so you can come back! Or, you can add your email to the "follow me" tab on the lower right corner to receive updates automatically!

Okay, let's get down to business tonight...

Maybe you’re like me and you want to maintain your health and fitness over the Thanksgiving season without sacrificing all of the good food and fun involved. You’re wondering if it can even be done at all. Maybe you’re ready to just succumb to the holiday pounds.

Stop right there!

I’m putting together a “Holiday Survival Guide” for all of my health and fitness challengers, and I wanted to share a few of my tips with you as well so you can go into your Thanksgiving feeling amazing, and leave feeling amazing as well!

Here are a few of my top tips for before Thanksgiving…

1.    DO NOT NEGLECT YOURSELF. It’s easy in this busy season to put your own self care on the back burner. DON’T. You will regret it. Find time (even if it’s just 10 or 15 minutes) at least a few days a week to be active. PENCIL IN the time to your calendar if you have to, but DO IT. This will help reduce stress and give you more energy. Who doesn’t want that?
2.    Do drink lots of water! This goes along with the first point. Now that the hot summer months are gone, it’s easy to pass over the water because you’re not as hot, and may not feel quite as thirsty. Don’t skip on the water! This helps keep your body flowing like normal, it gives you energy, and helps keep you full. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces every day.


3.    Make a plan for nutrition. Don’t just wing it when it comes to nutrition. Just because you may have had a few “bad” days over a weekend does not mean your whole month is shot. Take time one day a week to plan your meals for the week ahead.
4.    Have a plan for the holiday parties. Before your go to a holiday party, eat protein or veggies, and drink water. That way you’re not starving when you get there, thus lessening the chance of over eating.
5.    Get some shut eye! This may seem like a no brainer, but your body needs rest. Getting enough sleep keeps you functioning, reduces stress, can help you with weight loss, and of course, gives you more energy. Make sure you’re getting enough rest every night!
6.    Get some accountability! Share your concerns and goals with a friend or a group of people that can keep you accountable during the holidays! Accountability has been the key that has kept me on track this whole year!

Now you have a few tips to set in place for your pre Thanksgiving season! A lot of people naturally want to wait until the beginning of the New Year to get healthy and make all of their new resolutions. My suggestion? Make a plan NOW. Enjoy your holidays, and move forward!

If you need accountability, more tips, or motivation, I am leading two special 21 day health and fitness support groups- one in November, and one in December. Each will help you maintain your progress, give you tips and ideas to help with the holidays, you will have meal plan guidance, new recipes, and quick, efficient workouts that will help you beat holiday stress and pounds! Plus you get one on one coaching and support access to me, as well as a group of others who will keep you accountable! Comment or email me if you want more information or would like to join me in my goal for a healthy holiday!


So, who else is in for a healthy holiday this year??

If you want to get more holiday tips throughout the week and days leading up to Thanksgiving, be sure to friend me on Facebook (facebook.com/sarahfcason), or follow me on Instagram, at sarahfcason! 


No comments:

Post a Comment