Friday, November 7, 2014

My Holiday Health Goals

Thanksgiving is a mere 20 days away. How is that even possible? I don’t know about you, but for me this year has just flown by, and now that Halloween is out, Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast upon us.

And I have a confession to make: this is the time of year that I struggle most with my health.

That’s pretty common, I feel. Cooler weather makes us bundle up in layers, makes us want to sleep in a little longer. The holiday parties are stacked with an amazing spread of food as all the family chefs come out to play and create their tasty dishes. And of course there’s the Christmas cookies!

Can anyone else relate to me?

I know some of you can! On average, most people will put on weight over the holidays, and I was no exception. This past holiday season I put on a ton of weight. I honestly don’t even know how much I put on. I had just gotten married, so worrying about fitting into my dress was no longer a concern, it was Christmas, then New Years, and a newlywed life.

That meant I packed on the pounds, and quickly. Fortunately, I began getting on track with my health in February, and I don’t plan on slowing down this holiday! In fact, I’m setting some big goals to reach over this holiday season so I stay on track, can enjoy the meals, but not over do it!

And to keep myself accountable, I’m sharing my goals with you! When I speak out a goal, I know I’m much more likely to stick to it. So this is me, telling YOU my goals, and inviting you into this journey!



November health and fitness goals:

1.    Lose 10 pounds. This is my big goal. And normally I am not all about the scale. In fact, we still don’t have one in our house. But, I am bound and determined to reach this goal, because I know that I am going to FEEL healthier for it. This is a way for me to tangibly measure that goal!
2.    Complete the 21 Day Fix. I am currently on Day 3, and going strong! I intend on going through one round of the 21 Day Fix before Thanksgiving, and once again before Christmas.
3.    Workout every day! I know that I personally need to be active every day to reach my goal of losing 10 pounds this month.
4.    Drink one gallon of water every day! That equals to just a little over five of my shaker cups full of water. This helps keep my hydrated, I’ve been slacking on my water intake and that’s going to change!
5.    Lower my Yellow container intake (carbs) and make sure I am getting all of my Green (veggie), Purple (fruit), and Red (protein) containers in every day! These color containers are from the 21 Day Fix program, and have taught me SO MUCH about portion control. Carbs are still my weakness, and so I’m really honing in on staying low on carbs, high on fruits, veggies and protein!
6.    Do one three day cleanse. This is going to help flush my body of toxins, and set it on track to really make sure I’m getting the best results. I struggle with cleanses and temptation, so this will be a good growing experience for me!
7.    Only one plate of Thanksgiving dinner! This has been a BIG struggle for me in the past. I love Thanksgiving food…especially the high carb stuffing and mashed potatoes. This year, I told my hubby that he has to keep me accountable to only one plate of food this year, and I will enjoy that to the max!

There you have it. These are my seven health and fitness goals for the month of November. I have to be honest, I’ve rocked my workouts so far, but I’m still not completely on point with nutrition yet. I am buckling in, and going all in for my goals!

I am determined to make this my healthiest holidays ever. I will absolutely enjoy Thanksgiving dinner, and not want to roll away from the table because I’m so full. I am going to have more energy, and life to devote to my family and friends and really focus on all of the things I have to be thankful for!

What are your health and fitness goals for this month? Share below and let’s keep each other accountable!



No comments:

Post a Comment