Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Holiday Week Workout Plan



As we are only a few short days away from our big Thanksgiving celebration day, I’ve been planning my strategy for staying on track this week with my health! This is something completely new and foreign to me. I never paid attention to my health, especially around the holidays!

Darn it all, I wanted to have my cake, and eat it too!

The only problem was is that I would literally just eat, and eat, and eat until I had stuffed myself so full that it was quite uncomfortable, and I didn’t even enjoy it anymore. My relationship with food around the holidays was pretty poor, and I justified it to myself, and thus packed on the pounds.

Now, hear me out. I am NOT saying to be a hum bug and don’t enjoy the Thanksgiving dinner and celebrations this holiday season. Not at all. I say enjoy! Be merry and giving and thankful. But be SMART about it. Make a plan, stick to it, enjoy the holiday, and get back on track the next day. It’s all about balance!

Balance for me this year looks like creating a workout plan for the days before and after Thanksgiving, and creating a plan of action for how I am going to eat ON Thanksgiving. So what’s my workout plan and plan of action for this holiday week?

Monday – 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio workout, 10am
Tuesday – 21 Day Fix Upper Body Fix workout, 7:30am
Wednesday – 21 Day Fix Lower Body Fix workout, 7:30am
Thursday – REST DAY and ENJOY THANKSGIVING
Friday – 21 Day Fix Pilates workout, 1pm
Saturday – 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 workout, 2pm
Sunday – 21 Day Fix Yoga workout, 7pm

(Never miss a Monday...or a workout after a holiday.)

So as you can see, I’m still sticking to my normal workout routine for the most part, but taking my rest day on Thursday so I have the day off to enjoy with my family. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? I’m right back in it. And I’ve been working out all this week leading up to Thanksgiving as well- and you know what? It feels great. It has actually given me MORE energy than I had before.

Now, you might be wondering what my  “plan of action” is for Thanksgiving day? Well, it may seem simple, but it’s something I’ve always struggled with. I told my husband to keep me accountable to having only ONE PLATE of food for Thanksgiving dinner. (This coming from someone who would have 2 to 3 plates total for the meal…yikes!)

I want to intentionally think about what I am eating, be THANKFUL for it, and ENJOY it! Not scarf it down so I can fill my plate again. I want to appreciate the flavor, the taste, and the company of those around me!



I will also be having my Shakeology in the morning to keep my cravings curbed, and it’s my goal to drink a gallon of water on Thanksgiving to help keep everything flushed and me satisfied and hydrated!

What about you? What’s your plan for staying active this holiday, and your plan for enjoying instead of being uncomfortable with Thanksgiving dinner? Make a plan and tell someone!


No comments:

Post a Comment