Monday, November 10, 2014

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Who doesn’t love a warm, gooey cookie around the holidays? I know I do! I was searching for a way to create at least one “cleaner” cookie though that will help with the sweet tooth, but not totally undo my progress.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found such a recipe! And I really liked it! We will definitely be making these again in our home. They are super simple, easy, fast, and delicious!

They are a little on the gooier side (which I like, personally), because you aren’t using any sort of flour or butter. But man are they tasty! Give them a chance for sure.

Here’s what you need to bake up these tasty clean treats!



Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
2 ripe bananas
1 cup rolled uncooked oats
1 Tablespoon Peanut butter
½ cup chocolate chips
You can also add in a few dashes of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, and whatever other toppings you like! (Think more peanut butter, honey, nuts, etc)

Directions
1.     Heat oven to 350 degrees
2.     Mash up your bananas with your oatmeal so that they are all mixed together
3.     Add your peanut butter, chocolate chips, and whatever other toppings you like.
4.     Drop by heaping spoonful onto your greased cookie sheet, then press out into a cookie shape (but don’t make them too thin!)
5.     Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes, until they begin to get a more golden brown color and are forming together.
6.     Allow cookies to cool on pan for about 2-3 minutes, until you can scoop them off with a spatula. (When I took mine out they began to squish when I used the spatula…let them cool ON the baking sheet a few minutes and it’s much easier!)
7.     Eat and enjoy the warm gooeyness!


There you have it! An easy, more healthy way to feed your sweet tooth around the holidays this year. If you have a health conscious friend, you could even whip up a batch of these as a Christmas present!

To get more great recipe ideas and to see what else I’m up to, be sure to subscribe to this blog, follow me on Instagram and friend me on Facebook!

Who’s going to try out this tasty treat??




No comments:

Post a Comment