Warm, gooey, chocolaty goodness. I am not sure I know a lot of people (even those who don’t like chocolate that much) that don’t enjoy a good brownie every once in a while. The problem? Usually they’re loaded down with refined white flour and white sugar, and can easily wreck your good diet.
The solution? Something that seems a little strange and unconventional but is absolutely delicious and amazing. And it won’t completely derail your diet like regular brownies will.
What is the secret ingredient? Black beans!
No flour to be found here in this recipe! Just eight easy ingredients that are a much better swap for their counterparts heavy refined ingredients. They whip up in no time flat, and bake to perfection!
Black Bean Brownies
1 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 large eggs
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of Salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) into a food processor (or blender) and blend until it’s smooth.
3. Pour batter into a large bowl, mix in ½ cup of chocolate chips.
4. Grease a 8x8 inch baking pan, and pour batter in.
5. Top with remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool and cut, then store in the fridge!
8. Eat and enjoy the delicious, clean brownies!
You can also add a few drops of peppermint extract around the holidays for a tasty peppermint chocolate experience! I haven’t experimented with nuts or other additional add ins, but give it a try and let me know!
So, who’s going to try this black bean brownie recipe??