Saturday, September 29, 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's

So I don't normally use movie titles as blog titles, I promise. But this is a special occasion. The 25th birthday of my best friend, Sarah, in fact! Yes, our names are both Sarah. Yes, it does confuse people when we talk sometimes. How we differentiate ourselves? Well, #1 and #2, of course, and she is Tall Sarah, and I'm Shorty, since I'm the shorter of the two of us.

I digress.

Today we had an Audrey Hepburn/Breakfast at Tiffany's themed birthday party to celebrate! We worked all night and morning putting up decorations, cooking food and preparing for the big day. It really felt like someone was getting married again...it was so much fun, though!

Sparkling strings of beads and jewels adorned crisp white table clothes, with blue glass beads giving it that Tiffany's pop of color. An Eiffel Tower stood on the table, diamond candles, pearls and bling galore were scattered throughout the room. It was an event that was sure to make Audrey proud as Sarah and I mashed our creative minds together.

And of course, the party was a hit.

We had brunch, coffee and tea, orange juice, everyone dressed up in true Audrey style, we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, and played a few fun games. It was a great way to celebrate Sarah's 25th birthday, and a whole lot of fun to put together! Here's a peak at our fabulous time today...



A welcome sign that I did for the party!


Getting set up last night...

Sarah dressed up and took pictures to match pictures of Audrey Hepburn! She looks SO much like her!

Spreading the bling around...

Getting fancy! The refreshing beverage table.

The food table! 

What's an Audrey Hepburn party without Paris??



All of the yummy food for our brunch!


Lots of bling!



Chit chatting at the party!

All of the Sarah's!

Breakfast at Tiffany's...plus the portrait I did for her birthday on the wall!


Now for the project that I was working on this week! It was a portrait of Audrey Hepburn for Sarah's birthday present. Check out the progress and the final piece!





Final framed piece!


Well, that was just a peak into the fabulous time we had celebrating Sarah's 25th birthday...Audrey Hepburn style! Happy Birthday, Sarah! You are a blessing in my life, and I am so blessed to have you as my best friend. Love you lots, sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment