Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bacon, Books, and Buffalo

In case you were wondering, all three of these things made their way into my day today.

Bacon.
A delicious bacon sundae...trust me, it was good. Because bacon is delicious...plus chocolate, plus caramel...and of course ice cream. You dip your french fry in a frosty...technically a chocolate dipped potato. Bacon in ice cream is not that different...really. Don't knock it til you try it...it's a tasty treat!


Yum!

Books.
Sketchbooks! Here's a peak at a page in my sketchbook right now (because I'm working on a super secret project right now that I can't show you pictures of...yet. But you will soon!). This is a hand lettering that I am doing, but it's not quite finished yet. 





Chosen was a theme that God put on my heart a year ago in Uganda. Speaking of Uganda...a year ago I was adorned with these lovely black eyes from the Nile River...thanks again, Nile! 


Anyway, chosen. God woke me up early one morning, and revealed the lie that I had been believing and living practically all my life. I believed that I was the girl who was passed over. But He said no. You are CHOSEN. He continues to speak it over me, and it is a word that now holds such a deep and precious meaning to my heart.

Another book to this subject.
I have recently started reading "Not a Fan" by Kyle Idleman. A GREAT read. I hadn't heard of it before, but a friend from church gave it to me. Addresses a key issue that I see among Christians, and asks the question, "are you a fan, or a follower." Really good food for thought. If you get a chance, pick it up!


Buffalo.

I was introduced to this hilarious video by a friend today, and it made me laugh...so you should just watch it.



The simple things that make me smile and cheer me up on what could be a gloomy day (one of our family dogs passed away last night...RIP Little Bear). 

This is a less serious post, but just thought it was a day full of little blessings and I wanted to share them with you. More to come this week, plus at the end of the week I get to unveil the secret project I have been working on!

Here's to the start of a great week, being thankful for the little things every day, and hearing God whisper His love in every circumstance...because He is GOOD!




No comments:

Post a Comment