Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Healthier Me

Let me take you back just six short months ago- to January of this year. I had just gotten married to my best friend, started a new job, and was transitioning into a new season of life.

But something was wrong. I was happy, yes. Overjoyed, in fact, to be able to spend every day with my husband, and dig into my new job and learn the ropes. But my body felt awful.

I was constantly tired, my ankles hurt in the morning when I got up. I felt weak. I ran out of breath easily. I told my husband that his legs were longer than mine when we would be out walking and that's why I was walking slower than him. But I knew, deep down, that I was headed in a bad direction. And at 25, my health was going downhill.

It all started two years ago when I returned home to the U.S. after being overseas for eleven months on the World Race (an eleven month missions trip to eleven different countries...you can see my blog recaps in older posts). So I came home having lost about twenty pounds over that year, which was awesome. But then, I started craving American food.

I saw things like bagels, bacon, cheese, pizza, Mexican food, In-n-Out Burger (for those of you fellow west-coasters, you know how amazing that is), and on and on. My mind was saying "oh you've been 'deprived' of that for a year! Go ahead and treat yourself!"

Well, I treated myself. And treated. And treated. And treated. Basically I ate everything bad for me, again and again. I packed on all the weight I had lost, plus more, and I was heavier than I had ever been before. And I was in denial about it. I wouldn't even step on a scale, because I was afraid of what I would see. I knew I needed to stop, but I didn't.

Finally, this January, I decided something had to give, or I was going to wind up with serious health issues. I wanted to be around for a long time with my wonderful hubby and our one day children and family, and the thought of them pushed me forward to a decision.

It took me until February to commit and get started. But my husband and I ordered T25, and we started it. Before T25 I had never completed a fitness program. I would always start and then lose motivation and just stop and go back to how things were. This time, with my husband at my side, I pushed through  the entire ten weeks and finished!

(Picture on the left was 4 weeks into T25, picture on the right was 6 weeks later after finishing T25!)


I am now on my second program, and focusing on my nutrition. I can't even explain how good it feels to know that I FINISHED. I accomplished it. And now, I'm moving forward, and continuing. This journey has been incredible, and I know it's just the beginning.

I have a long road ahead of me still, but I'm taking it one day at a time. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be working out every single day consistently, I would have laughed at you. That was just not me. Sure I liked doing active things. But workout every day? No way.

Oh how things have changed, and so much for the better! I not only workout every day, but I enjoy it! I love watching my body transform and feel myself gain more energy and strength.

I'm here to tell you that YOU can do it. Yes, you. You who has given up hope that you could ever change. You can. You who thinks it's just too hard or there's not enough time. It's not too hard, and you do have time, you may have to make sacrifices, but I'm telling you, it's worth it.

YOU are worth the time and investment. Your health is worth it. Just because you feel fine now doesn't mean all those chemicals and things you are putting in your body won't rear their ugly head later. Take time and do something good for your body and your life.

You are more than a number on a scale. You are more than your pants size. You are more than how many push ups you can or can't do. And YOU are worth it. If I can do this, YOU CAN TOO.

This is why I love being a coach. Being able to share my story with you, and hopefully offer you HOPE to know that you can do this! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I love helping others!


(Picture on the left was taken March 2014, Picture on the right taken June 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment