Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Way You Feel About Yourself


Since February of this past year, I have embarked on a journey to lose over one hundred pounds, slim down and most importantly, get healthy. Some of you may know a bit about my story, but at the beginning of this year I began to realize that I was not in shape (and hadn’t been in a long time), I was getting weaker, and I was feeling awful.

I had no energy, I felt like I was dragging behind and couldn’t keep up with my husband or my friends, and I just wanted to take a nap all the time. Even before I left the country to go overseas for a year, I went to the doctor to get a check up and was told that my blood pressure was in that pre-hypertension stage. Where I almost had high blood pressure, but wasn’t quite there.

You know what I did? I ignored it. I thought “eh, that won’t happen to me.” And I kept eating what I wanted, didn’t want to work out, so I didn’t, and I just kept living. Well it caught up to me. While I didn’t go to the doctor after I came home from my time overseas, I’m pretty sure I passed that thresh hold of being in pre-hypertension to having high blood pressure. But I kept going.

Until I had that wake up call in January and knew something had to change, or I was going to be headed down a slippery slope of medical problems that could be severe and cut my life short.

We always tend to think “oh that will never happen to me.” And then we wake up and realize, it has happened to me. But we may feel powerless to do something about it, so we continue on in the way we have always gone.

There is a huge passion and fire burning in my soul to reach out to you that feel like there’s nothing you can do. I have such a strong, burning desire to help people who are on that hard slope towards medical issues, and I want to help you out.

Because it IS possible. There IS hope. There IS another way.



Will it be easy? No. Will it be free? No. Will it be hard? Probably. Will you want to quit? Most likely more than once.

But you know what? IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT.

I wish I could reach through the computer screen, sit with you over a cup of coffee and pour into you, fill you with hope and SHOW you that there is another way. Don’t get sucked into the lie that it won’t happen to you, because chances are, you might be facing huge medical complications and bills down the road because you ignored the signs now.

Don’t let that be you. From the bottom of my heart I desire to give people hope and show them what I have learned, because it is truly life changing.

Yes, the journey is painful. Yes, I invest in my health now. Yes, I deny myself of some things I over indulged in before.



But let me tell you, even though I have not reached my goal in health, I have never felt more alive. I have more energy, more joy, more discipline, more zeal for life than perhaps ever before.

Getting physically healthy has helped me get on track in all areas of my life. Spiritually, emotionally, mentally, relationally. It has touched every area of my life.

So let me ask you this…what is your health worth to you?

Are you willing to make a little sacrifice right now to gain more energy for your spouse, your family, your job and your life? To get a more positive outlook and perspective? Are you willing to move forward, even when you feel like quitting?

Or will you sit down where you have always sat, giving in to the instant gratification mentality of our culture, only to find yourself facing more serious (and expensive) problems down the road?

I hope that you hear my heart in this. It is not a blog to cast shame or guilt on anyone. Truly, it has just been burning in my heart to show people that there is hope. And though it can be hard, the journey is not as impossible as you think.

I encourage you today to think about where you are putting your health on your list of priorities. Are you investing in it now, or are you putting it off until later down the road? Be brave. Take the leap you need to take today.

And know that there is support and help and accountability for you here! I love to help others find their way, set their goals and reach them. If you need help, please do not hesitate to reach out to me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment