What is it about fall that captivates us and drives us to eat and drink everything pumpkin? Is it the lovely orange color that draws our eye? Or perhaps the delightful aroma of pumpkin seeds toasting in the oven, or wafting from a hot pumpkin spice latte. Let’s face it, we are obsessed with pumpkin in the fall.
So, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and find a great pumpkin oatmeal muffin recipe. My husband is a die hard muffin fan, as well as a huge pumpkin fan, so I wanted to combine the two for one epic muffin.
I found a basic pumpkin oatmeal muffin recipe and tweaked it to make it our own. Check it out here and get to bakin’!
Pumpkin Oat Muffin
2 cups of rolled oats
1 ½ cups of milk
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (or flour of your choice)
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin
½ cup honey
Optional add ins of chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, etc
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin (for bigger muffins, or you can make 24 not as tall muffins)
3. In a medium bowl, mix your oats an milk, then set aside for ten minutes.
4. Get a large bowl and combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and spices), and create a well in the middle.
5. In a smaller bowl, combine your pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and honey. Stir until blended.
6. Pour into the well of the dry ingredients, stir until combined, but don’t over mix! Get all of the ingredients moist, it may still be lumpy.
7. Fill your muffin tin or tins, bake 16-18 minutes. Test with a knife or toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean.
8. Remove muffins and place on a cooling rack.
9. Enjoy with your favorite fall beverage!
There you have it folks, a delightfully simple, delicious pumpkin oatmeal muffin recipe. Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe? Share below!