As summer comes to a close, I’m getting as much of this “summery” salad as I can, because it’s a great, simple dish, and has all the cool, yummy flavors of summer still bursting on your palate.
This is also a great dish to mix up, you can do all sorts of different varieties by adding in your own favorite veggies, maybe dice up some cucumber or throwing in some corn or black beans. Play around with it and have fun!
-Whole wheat bow tie pasta
-2 to 3 small to medium chicken breasts
-1/2 cup of sliced, pitted kalamata olives (you can add more or less to your own tastes, I love olives so I add a little more)
-1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
-2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
-Organic or home made Italian dressing (start with ½ cup and go up from there to your own taste)
-Garlic powder and pepper to taste
1. Cook your chicken breasts (either in an oven at 375 for about 25 minutes, or on a grill, however you prefer). Roughly chop, set aside to cool.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil, cook your pasta all the way through. Drain, set aside to cool.
3. Chop your tomatoes, place in a large bowl
4. Add the pasta and chicken, stir to mix.
5. Add in your olives, feta cheese and dressing, mix until all incorporated.
6. Season with garlic powder and pepper to taste
7. Chill for about 30 minutes or until cool (if you want to, this is optional)
This recipe is so simple and great. Like I said, you can totally add in chopped cucumbers, corn, black beans, broccoli, really whatever you like. Toss it up, and enjoy!