Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Couple That...

Finish this sentence!

"The couple that _____________ together, stays together!"



While you can fill that blank with a variety of answers, let me be clear in saying that marriage is not simply held together by one single activity done together. It's an intricate, deep and complex covenant in life.

But, there is absolutely some validity in the fact that doing things together as a couple can bring you closer together. Whether it's a shared interest, the interest of one, or something entirely new to both, it can be a wonderful bonding experience. Today I'm going to fill in the blank with "the couple that sweats together, stays together!"



I have to give my husband props because when I came to him in January, laying my heart out and telling him that I wanted to workout, that I had to get healthy, he listened, and he supported me whole heartedly. He did the entire ten week program of T25 with me to support me, keep me motivated and keep me going while I made exercise a new part of my life.

That motivation, support and accountability meant the absolute world to me, and was the key that I had been missing the whole time when I had attempted to do different work out programs before. I had no accountability, no real motivation, and so I fell off the wagon time and time again before. But not this time!

Zach and I pushed play every day for ten weeks, and at the end I was so incredibly proud of both of us for going through the program and finishing strong. He stood by me, encouraged me, let me cry and spill my heart of why I wanted to get healthy, and helped me push play every day. That accountability was the key to the change in my health that is still continuing now.



And that is why I am passionate about accountability. That is why I lead challenge groups every month. That is why I invest my time, heart, sweat and tears into my challengers and these groups. Because I know the power of accountability and motivation, and it is life changing. Truly. My husband is the inspiration behind my coaching, and the reason I am passionate about helping others- because of his choice to help me and keep me accountable.

So now, I'm paying it forward. If you feel like you are stuck in the place I was at the beginning of the year, wanting to get healthy, but not knowing where to start, how you were going to get it done, not wanting to fail (yet again), and feeling overwhelmed by it all...you're the one I'm looking for. You're the one I want to help succeed.

And challenge groups are where we make all the magic happen! The motivation, the accountability, the knowledge, the goal setting. If you're serious about this, I have one more spot in my 100 Pound Challenge  that starts tomorrow. Comment or message me and we can get your journey to health started, and I will work with you to come up with a plan to make it happen!

So, are you going to be the one who makes the change?

No comments:

Post a Comment