Monday, March 23, 2015

Marriage Tip #14

Opening up a book is like escaping to another world. Adventure awaits, learning is there for the taking, knowledge seeping through words printed on a page. In a culture that loves its iPads, iPhones, tablets, Nooks, eReaders and whatever else is out there, I still much prefer the physical book. Whether you prefer your books in electronic form, or love to sniff and hold a physical book like I do, my marriage tip for today is this...

Read together.



And dare I suggest...out loud?

This is something that Zach and I started doing not long ago, but it is something that I have really come to truly enjoy. It gets you out of your comfort zone a little bit, because I feel like not that many people read out loud any more. If you do, extra kudos to you!

Pick a book, really it can be any book! It could be fiction, non fiction, a series you both love, or something new that you want to learn. Your options are endless!

Right now Zach and I are reading through a book about intimacy in marriage, and I love it. I love learning with my husband, and talking about it. We don't read every night, but try to read often before bed.

It is a great way to wind down from the day together, cuddle, and enjoy time with each other. It is a simple thing, but you might be surprised at what it does! Sometimes those simple little things can mean the most, especially when done intentionally and consistently.

So, grab a book and start reading together! Take turns, open up, and move forward together in a new adventure.

Do you read out loud with your spouse? What are some of your favorite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment