Saturday, January 17, 2015

What the Heck Am I Doing?

Over the past year you may have noticed that I've been posting a lot of stuff about health and fitness. You may have noticed that I've been posting lots of healthier recipes. And that I take a lot of "sweaty selfies" after I workout.



Am I really just that selfie loving that I want to show you the sweat on my head and update you on what I'm eating? Sorry, but NO! There actually is a much deeper purpose behind it.

It's because I want to share and encourage and inspire and MOTIVATE.



You see, just a little over a year ago, I was sitting in a really unhealthy place. I was eating whatever I wanted, not doing anything active really, and just feeling really "blah" about my health. I knew something was wrong, and I knew that I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin. I knew that if I didn't make a change, that my health was going to deteriorate very quickly.

As a new bride, that was the last thing I wanted! I wanted to look forward to a long, full, healthy life with my wonderful husband, keep up with him, have adventures with him, and then be able to raise a healthy family together.

If I stayed like I was, it would not have been possible. I was living in denial, and I had to get out. So, I made the HUGE leap of faith for me and decided to start working out. Zach worked out with me and kept me accountable for ten whole weeks and I finished a workout program for the first time EVER.

What I decided to do next was big, and is the reason why I have been posting so much about health and fitness and sharing this journey in life with you. I became a coach for Beachbody so that I can help others know that this is possible and that there is hope.

I know just how hard it is to get started, believe me. So when I saw there was a chance to help others over that big hurdle and get them going on their journey and help them get results, I jumped on it! The financial reward from it is just the frosting on the cake.

My true passion is helping others. Every sweaty workout picture, every recipe, every motivational quote I post, every little tid bit I share about marriage, life, and this crazy journey, is to help YOU, dear friend. To let you know that you are not alone, and that you can do this.

I absolutely love what I do for my job as a health and fitness coach. I love being surrounded by inspiring people, and being able to in turn pour into others and help others. I'm not out to sell, I'm out to share and help, and I know that this is a cry of my heart that will be enduring for quite a while.



Every month I lead one to two exclusive, private, online health and fitness groups to help keep others motivated and accountable to their health and fitness goals. My job is to match you up with a program that works for you and will actually get you results. That is my passion. To show you an avenue that you can take to reach your goals and feel your best.



So be on the lookout and know that everything I share, and everything that I post, is not to build myself up or to say "look at me." The cry of my heart truly is to share this journey with you. To invite you in and walk side by side with you. Because Lord knows that going it alone is so hard. Know that you have a friend in me, and it is my passion in life to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment