Sunday, August 3, 2014

Meal Planning and Workout

One quote that I absolutely love and know to be true is "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." Sure it may sound cliche, and overused. But you know what? It's completely true. I have seen that over and over again in my life, especially when it comes to health and fitness.

How have I stayed motivated?

I make a plan.

How do I stay on track every week?

I make a plan.

Sure, things happen. Life comes up, you have to go do this or that, someone comes over, or you're just dead tired. But, that should not stop you from planning ahead and having your eyes set on the prize. Whether it's just a plan for the day, week, month. Having a plan is going to help you reach your goals because it keeps you focused on what tasks are priority.

I wanted to take a quick second and share my personal plan for the week with you all for my workout and my meal plan! This is generally the format that I use every week. I actually have my whole workout plan done for the next 10 weeks, but this post just includes this week.

Currently I am going through my own hybrid schedule of T25 and the 21 Day Fix workouts, and using the 21 Day Fix meal plan. I absolutely love it. Both workouts are about 25-30 minutes each, which is a perfect time frame for me. I get in, get my workout done and go on with my day feeling fabulous.

The other part of my plan is even more important- my meal plan. Before I was married, I definitely never made a meal plan. It seemed confusing, time consuming and just not worth it. But I can tell you that it absolutely is worth it. I have saved so much time and money by taking just an hour once a week to create the next week's meal plan.

Because I use a meal plan, I don't end up with the mystery meat that went bad in the back of the fridge, leftovers get used right away, and my husband and I are not sitting there night after night saying "Well, what do YOU want for dinner? What are you in the mood for?" We plan, we shop, we conquer!

Meal planning also helps keep me on track with my eating, and mindful of the choices I make. With meal planning comes meal preparation, which I will save for another blog. But it is also a component that can seem daunting at first, but will ultimately save you time and money.

So what is on the menu for this week? Let me show you!


I'm pretty excited about a few new recipes I am trying my hand at this week, so be on the lookout for some recipe posts to come from this meal plan!

Let me hear from you now! What is your greatest struggle with meal planning? If I could answer one question about meal planning, what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment