Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Engaged

So, it's been a pretty long while since I last updated this blog. And I think it's about time I put down in writing what's been going on in my life lately, because there have been some big changes.

Here's the breakdown.

In the past five months since my last post, I have: finished my internship with Adventures in Missions, and launched into my own mission, moved to Decatur (in Atlanta), gained a new roommate, started a new job, got promoted and transferred to a new Starbucks in Decatur, and....got engaged!




Life has been full of transitions lately, and I have finally come to a place where life is settling. (Yet it still is busy and full of change and growth)

God has stretched me, blessed me and grown me so much the past five months.

Things came together in ways I never even imagined.

And He has blessed me far beyond words, even in the times of difficulty (because they certainly are there).

So let's take a gander back a few months ago.

May held the majority of these transitions. First, I finished my internship with Adventures in Missions. God revealed so much to me through those classes, and I got to meet and work with amazing people. I am so thankful for my time and involvement with that program!

Next came Tuesday, May 21st. A day that my then boyfriend, Zach and I were going to hang out up in Helen, Georgia. He was supposed to pick me up for our adventure, but called and said he had a surprise. I had to come and find him, to which he promptly told me that he was at Starbucks.

I got in my car, wondering but not wanting to let my mind wander to those "what ifs." Zach and I had talked about getting engaged in October, so I thought, "Na, this isn't it." But I still couldn't help my heart from pounding in my ears as I walked up to meet him where we had our first date.

I stepped through the doors and there he was, my handsome man sitting at the table we had our first date at. Lovely memories flooded my mind as he and I sat at the table. He handed me a card for our anniversary, which I read with adoring eyes and heart.

Zach then proceeded to tell me how much he loved me, and began to stand up and fumbled with his pocket. My heart began to pound faster, and I gasped with delight and amazement. He pulled out a huge ring box and pulled me up to my feet.

I don't honestly remember everything he said, and neither does he. But I do remember him asking me that one incredible question...

"Sarah, will you marry me?"

To which I couldn't stop smiling and said "YES!" He slipped the ring on my finger, and we began a day of celebration and calling our families and friends to tell them the joyous news.



Enter in our season of engagement that we are now in the midst of.

Add in God blessing me with the opportunity to be promoted to a shift supervisor at Starbucks in Decatur, Georgia. A place God had drawn my heart to months ago on a random day excursion I took down there one day.

During this time I worried and wondered how it was all going to work. I was basically broke, had no idea where I would live, or who I would live with. But I was still hopeful and thrilled that I had a job closer in Atlanta, and one that allowed me to invest more into my work and ministry.

As God would have it, He provided for everything at the exact right time, and I now have an amazing roommate, who also did the World Race, and provided us an apartment that was reduced in price and fit our budget.

Our God is such a big God!

That does not mean that trying times don't come, they have. Worry still attempts to penetrate the resolve I have set to remember that God is faithful. But he is teaching me daily to lean on Him in new ways.

This season of engagement and newness in almost everything is stretching, but beautiful. Our God makes beautiful things. Beautiful seasons and times. Beautiful celebrations of life. Beautiful, difficult growth.

I am so looking forward to all that this season of engagement holds as Zach and I prepare to enter marriage together. It is a beautiful season indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment