Monday, July 16, 2012

Dippin' Heaven!


So after being back in the United States, I have found myself craving all the "delicacies" I have missed around the world for the past eleven months. My body isn't the most appreciative, as I am still adjusting to American food. But boy, it is still good. 

One of the most versatile and still most delicious items? DIP!

I decided to grab some cheese at the store and experiment in throwing together a dip. It turned out amazing! Here's what I did for this Cheesy Bacon Dip...

1 16oz container of sour cream with chives
1 12 oz package of cream cheese (softened is best as it mixed better than stiff cream cheese)
2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese (I used this cheese that was mixed with taco seasoning, because I love things SPICY! Use whatever kind of shredded cheese that you prefer.)
5 strips of bacon, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onions
2 teaspoons mustard 
Dash (or two, or three, you preference) of paprika
Dash (again, at your own preference) of garlic salt
Dash of black pepper

Preheat oven (or toaster oven, if your dish will fit) to 400 degrees. 
Empty sour cream into an oven safe dish, and then cut in cream cheese. Mix together. Add in mustard and spices, mix together. Add onions and bacon, mix. Finally, add 1 and 1/2 cup of cheese, stir into the mixture. Taste test, add spices as needed. Top with remaining cheese. 
Cook in the 400 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until top is brown and cheese is bubbling.
Let stand for a few minutes, then enjoy!




Oh cheese, how I love thee! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah! You do know that the only 2 ingredients on that list that I have are black pepper and red onions. uh, thanks. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry for the lack of dairy and such in Asia, Donna! I definitely feel your pain. I would love to actually send you guys some goodies (well, when I get a job up and going :) so I can get it shipped). Email me your address if you can, and I'll see what I can send out your way!! Give all those beautiful kids hugs for me! Praying for you guys.

      Delete