Sunday, November 11, 2012

For the Moments I Feel Faint

(Image from Google)


More than just some catchy Relient K lyrics, these words capture a deep current in life. There are always moments when we feel faint. When we feel discouraged. When we feel as if we have failed. Moments when we aren't sure just which was is up, or where we're supposed to go.

For whatever reason, today I realized that this week has been one of those weeks for me. Moments where I feel faint. Where I feel dried up, and like I'm wandering through a desert, searching for the oasis to quench my thirsty soul. But it somehow eludes my grasp.

A week packed with a busy work schedule has probably lent a helping hand to that, sprinkled with a cold, and topped with the heaviness of missing teammates, and people that I spent a lot of quality time with over the past year.

Today as I sat driving in my car, the weight of it all just seemed to rest on my shoulders. There are always days like this. When my own strength is not enough. When I'm just not feeling it. When I feel like I'm wandering in a desert.

But you know what?

God is still good. He is enough.

While I was driving, a song by Kutless came on the radio that reminded me of one of my favorite passages in Daniel about Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednego. The song says over and over "even if..." and it reminded me of how when confronted by an irate king, "Rack, Shack and Benny" (the beloved Veggie Tales names that have forever stuck with me) refused to bow before the king, even with their lives on the line. They boldly declared to the king that God was mighty enough to save them from the fire, and EVEN IF He did not, He was still God, and that they would still not bow before the king.

(Image from Google)


Even if.

Those words ring so loud and clear to my heart today. Even if. Even when I don't feel it. Even when I feel alone. Even when I don't feel well physically. Even when things don't go right.

God is still God, He is enough, and He is good.

I am resting in that truth tonight, and letting God revive my soul in the way that only He can.

What are you facing in your life that just seems too big? That makes you feel like you're alone and wandering through the desert? I know I'm not the only one facing tough things. A lot of times, we search to see if other people struggle too, and Satan wants us to feel isolated and alone, and that we are the only ones struggling. Not true.

(Image from Google)


So I want to boldly declare that even as I struggle, God is good, He is faithful, and He is mightily at work. In my life, and in yours.

Through the hurt, the pain, the disapointment, He is at work in your life, you are His beloved.

Even if...He is still God.

(Image from Google)


No comments:

Post a Comment